Here is a image using one of the chemical based texures. Looks great on the image.
Originally posted on PK PHOTO OF THE DAY:
For the fourth and final week, I decided the ice needed to crack apart! I really had to stretch my thinking to come up with something this time, but I learned a lot from the things I tried that didn’t work out as well as those that did. My process this time was as follows:
1. I converted the photo to black and white.
2. I added two solid fill layers, one white and one aqua.
3. I set all blend modes to overlay, with varying opacities.
4. I added a chemically-based texture from Public Domain Textures.